An exciting opportunity to join one of the Northwest's Premier wineries. We are looking to add to our talented team. Successful candidates will provide exceptional service, be an out-going people person, who enjoys interacting with the public, and works well in either a team setting or independently.
Must be 21 years of age and able to work Friday, Saturdays, Sundays. This job will include working with several department heads but under the supervision of the Wine Club Administrator, Shyla Newton. You will have the opportunity to interact with 5000 plus wine club members from four different tasting rooms, attend and assist with some wine club events.
Responsibilities not limited to but including:
- Maintain exemplary customer service level at all times
- Enter data accurately and efficiently
- Answer general phone lines
- Answer daily emails
- Wine Club representative
- Assist with hosting events
- Respond to computer issues as they arise
- Proofreading emails, newsletters, announcements for grammatical errors and accuracy
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, printer, calculator and other office equipment. Occasional reaching, grasping, bending, twisting and lifting items up to 40 lbs. such as cases of wine, packing materials, etc. Reliable attendance is a requirement of this position.
- Strong interpersonal customer service skills
- Set example of high professional standard for staff
- Even temperament, even when under stress
- Deals with conflict in a professional manner
- Treats others in a respectful manner at all times
- Demonstrates problem solving ability
- Attention to personal appearance a must
- Strong Microsoft Computer, Excel, email and internet knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to work independently with staying on task and focused
- Positive attitude, ability to multitask and an enthusiastic willingness to learn
- Punctuality a must
- Creative thinking with event planning
- Wage DOE. Employee benefit plans available. Paid vacation and sick time plans.
Opened in 2001 by Craig and Vicki Leuthold, family-owned Maryhill Winery is one of Washington's largest wineries, producing 80,000 cases annually. Its two tastings rooms, one in Goldendale, Wash., and one in Kendall Yards in Spokane, Wash., offer visitors the chance to experience award-winning, affordable wines along with stunning views. It's premier tasting room in Goldendale, perched on a bluff overlooking the stunning Columbia River draws more than 75,000 wine enthusiasts from around the globe each year, ranking it among the top-five most visited wineries in the state. Visitors can enjoy wine tastings, tours and special events, tournament-quality bocce courts, and live music on the vine-covered terrace every summer weekend, Memorial Day through September. Maryhill sources more than 30 unique varietals of grapes from some of the most highly regarded vineyards in Washington and produces more than 50 wines. Maryhill Winery has been honored with more than 3,000 awards since its first vintage in 2001, including being named 2015 Pacific Northwest Winery of the Year by Wine Press Northwest and the 2014 Winery of the Year at the San Francisco International Wine Competition. Winemaker Richard Batchelor has twice earned the Winemaker of the Year award at the Indy International Wine Competition, including in 2013 and 2018.
Company Website: www.maryhillwinery.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)